In this section of the website we have compiled a range of practical guidance and links to resources on various aspects of sustaining church buildings.
NB These resources were compiled during the Inspired North East project and may now be out of date. They will be updated during the Rural Churches for Everyone project.
A full list of topics is listed in the left-hand column, or click on one of the selected priority topics below:
We are pleased to offer the following project planning tools and resources to help congregations looking to improve their buildings or facilities.
Useful Project planning advice and resources
- How to make a good start
- Planning a Re-ordering Project
- The Business Planning Toolkit developed by The Churches Conservation Trust in collaboration with the Princes Regeneration Trust is free to download. It is a large document, but the following pages are recommended as of particular relevance:
- pp. 12-17 –overview of Business Planning rationale and process
- pp. 23-28 –overview of Options Appraisal rationale and process
- pp. 41-89 –core elements of Business Plan
See also these other useful project planning tools and resources: