“All you ever wanted to know about working with your inspecting architect – but were afraid to ask.”
Are you a Church Warden or involved in looking after your church building? This page is for you!
We recently invited Sara Crofts of the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings (SPAB) to lead a half-day workshop on the topic of "Know your Church Architect". This was aimed at Church Wardens or others involved in the care and maintenance of church buildings, and provided practical advice and discussion sessions on how to get the best out of your church Inspecting Architect (or chartered surveyor) and how to use your Quinquennial Inspection report as a basis for future action.
The event was well-received by the 45 people taking part, and by popular request we are pleased to make copies of materials and discussion notes available here (click links to download):
- Know your Church Architect - main presentation by Sara Crofts
- Ten Reasons to use an Architect - by Sara Crofts
- Comments from Discussion groups and Q&A session
- Procurement Guidelines - from the Church Buildings Council
- Quinquennial Inspection Report pro forma - from the Church Buildings Council
We hope this material is helpful. Please contact us if you have any questions or need further advice.