To fulfil our project vision, Inspired North East is working towards seven specific objectives.
- To encourage local churches to develop a clear long-term vision for their building.
- To help churches engage with their local community and develop their local vision and mission, leading to wider use of their buildings, and access to heritage resources.
- To support those responsible for managing churches through training and sharing of information and best practice.
- To help churches fulfil their potential as an integral part of the region’s cultural heritage, doing justice to their historic and religious roots.
- To encourage partnership and community engagement linking local individuals, community groups, and businesses and public sector organisations with churches.
- To signpost resources available to repair, maintain and develop church buildings, to help target new funding where it will be most effective, and to ensure those resources are used efficiently.
- To encourage and advise on the opening and keeping open of churches, the welcoming of visitors and the management of the visitor experience.